3D print is a revolutionary technology which amazes the whole world. Of course, it is technologically advanced and innovative, but like any invention, it also has its disadvantages. Our article will tell you about pros and cons of 3D prints – read on to find out more.
Advantages of 3D printing
The most advantageous characteristics of 3D printing are:
- An ability to print single objects or elements for a low price, without the need to outfit a whole production line – this means that a single error in programming won’t damage the budget of a company, as only a single erroneous object is printed instead of a whole batch. Before you start a huge production, you can test out a single piece of the merchandise.
- There is a possibility to upgrade and modify the project according to your wishes before the product gets mass-produced.
- Precision, attention to detail and accurate projection of the object’s shape makes it possible to test out it’s durability and reliability.
- A huge availability of printable materials makes it easy to print a vast variety of objects, spare parts, gadgets and even food or cells.
- Even the most geometrically sophisticated objects can be printed.
- Innovation and modernity is valuable in countless business branches.
Disadvantages of 3D printing
As we have mentioned earlier, 3D printing and scaning (if you want to have more information visit evixscan3d.com) has its cons. The most important ones are:
- Long printing time. For larger objects you may have to wait more than 24 hours.
- Loud work and huge heat emission, which makes the spaces with 3D printers not comfortable to work in.
- If any error appears during the printing process, it has to be restarted, which means the whole production will take even more time.
- Knowledge and skill is required to print small, complicated objects. The creator has to be experienced in creation of 3D models and not everyone can do it.
- Huge price of the 3D printer – the investment will surely return itself, but the starting price can be a huge burden for the budget.